With the USB multiplexer 1x8, you can direct one USB channel to one of 8 different USB channels. Because the connection is established without any active components it doesen't matter witch side is the host or the target. It is possible to connect one out of 8 targets to one host or one target to one out of 8 hosts (see pictures).
The USB multiplexer 1x8 is often used in test environments or for uploading a variety of software for the PC configuration, eg with different bootable USB sticks.
The USB multiplexer 1x8 is control by a PC using our software or programming interface. In addition to that, the routing may be changed by touching the buttons.
For Linux a program interface and a simple example application is available.
If the multiplexer is used only by pressing the buttons, it is sufficient to connect the USB control cable to a USB mains power supply.
On request a special TTL controlled version of the multiplexer is availlable. Please ask for an offer.
All Cleware devices do not need to install any drivers for controlling. The existing USB drivers are sufficient. Thus, the system stability is maintained.
- PC-controlled switch to route one USB channel to one of 8 USB channels
- Timed switching of the USB wires - behaves like USB device is handled manually
- Application Program Interface for easy integration in user applications, in Windows environment direct Python support
- The control software ClewareControl for timed switching, USBswitch with a graphical user interface and USBswitchCmd for switching via command call is ready for download.
- No driver installation needed with Windows® x86/x64 variants. (® Microsoft Windows is a registered trademark of the Microsoft Corporation.)
- Use with LabView® possible
- All Cleware devices identifies itself using a unique serial number, so multiple Cleware devices may run at one PC
- RoHS, CE & EN60950 conform/ IP30
- For indoor use only
- Operation environment 10° and 80° C
- 2 years warranty
- Made in Germany